Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fifteen year old hoping for Juilliard?

I have wanted to attend Juilliard School of Music for piano for years now. I played for a music professor for the University of Michigan, and he told me that I have amazing potential and skill and I could be a great player some day. He alsobcommented that I am at a level much higher than he was at my age and he also said my dynamics and emotion in my playing far surped most people my age and I was wondering if I had the ability to attend Juilliard though.. I am currently playing the Revolutionary Etude bt Chopin, Un Sospiro by Liszt, Consolation 3 by Liszt, Rachmaninoff Etudes, Chopin Etudes, Moonlight sonata movements 1 2 and 3 by Beethoven, Libestraum by Liszt, Pathiteque sonata movements 1 and 2 by Beethoven, Clair de Lune, Arabesque 1,La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin all by Debussy, several Mozart and Bach compositions, some Burgmuller, Joplin, Dvorakm Rubinstein, Trameri by Schumann, Blumenlied by Lange, as well as some personal arrangements of songs and some original compositions of mine. I pratice up to 7 hours a day (I wake up at 4 to pratice up to 3 hours before school) and I also accompany my schools choir. I have a private teacher. All Answers are appreciated.. and yes I will pick best answer.. thanks!!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment