Saturday, November 5, 2011

Need book suggestions for my 9 yr old girl who does not enjoy reading?

My daughter is in 4th grade and I'm concerned about her lack of interest in reading. She will only read if she has to and has no interest in books otherwise. I was wondering if you can suggest an exciting book that may grab her interest and get her excited about reading. She likes science and will look at non fiction books or magazines once in a while but will read the minimum. Many of her clmates are reading huge novels like Harry Potter but she has no interest in that. What are the fun good books for her age group that she might actually enjoy reading? I'm not a big fan of the twilight series or anything to do with girl cliques or mean girls. I prefer something positive and empowering but entertaining enough to hold her interest. Looking forward to your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment